Thank you for your interest in submitting your manuscript to Holloway Literary.
Learn more about our team on our Literary Agents page. Determine which agent is the best fit for your work and follow their directions for submissions. All submissions should include the word count of the manuscript, the first 15 pages pasted into the body of the email, and an email subject line formatted as “Agent’s Name/Title of Your Manuscript/Genre.”
You can expect a response to your query in about 8 weeks. If you feel that more than one agent at Holloway would be interested in your work, please only submit to one agent at a time. Once you receive a response from the first agent you queried, then you may submit to another agent. Any queries sent to more than one agent at the same time will be deleted.
Here is some advice from our blog about writing and submitting your queries:
- What the Submissions Coordinator Would Like You to Know
- Writing a Query Letter: The Basics
- Five Questions to Ask Yourself When Writing a Query Letter
- Writing a Query Letter: Tips from Our Agents
If an agent is interested in your work, we will respond with a request for more material. Here are some of our blog posts about the next steps:
- What Are Agents Really Looking for in Partials and Fulls?
- A Literary Agent Wants You to Revise and Resubmit…Now What?
- The Revision Letter: How and Why to Follow it to a T
Questions about your submissions?
Questions about your query should only be emailed to the attention of our Submissions Coordinator at email@example.com for the fastest response. Queries sent to any other email address will be deleted unread. And queries will not be discussed over the phone unless we’ve scheduled a call with you.
Thank you for thinking of Holloway Literary. Good luck!